*This Article is meant for Users and Administrators of the Real Synch extension which enables Real Estate Sales Teams to manage CRM Contacts from within their Gmail.
The CommandBot extension enables Gmail users to interact with Contacts in their CRM from the comfort of the Gmail user interface.
Real Synch is a data and application integration platform dedicated to delivering solutions to automation and data integration problems. Real Synchs customers are residential real estate industry professionals who pay a subscription to use our platform services. Users of the extension are members of a Real Synch Subscribers Organization.
While logged into Real Synch platform, the Subscriber Administrator performs a one-time setup process to authenticate and connect their organization's CRM to the Real Synch platform. They will then invite their CRM users to install and activate the CommandBot extension for Gmail from the Google Chrome Store. Once the user activates the extension, they are able to perform the following commands when focused on a Gmail message:
- Add a Contact on a Gmail message to their CRM as a new Contact:
- Retrieve and view key Contact information (Name, Email, Phone #, Status, Assigned To, Tags) retrieved from their CRM:
- Update key information (status, add notes, add/remove tags) in their CRM for an existing Contact:
- Log a Gmail message as a Note, and retrieve and view tasks in their CRM under the related Contact:
- Create and complete tasks in their CRM under the related Contact:
The commands are facilitated by the extension interfacing with Real Synch's integration platform APIs. The Real Synch platform uses inputs provided by the Real Synch subscription administrator to authenticate and control the interface to the subscriber's CRM API, and fulfill the users command (view, add, update Contact and data related to the Contact).
Requirements for Extension Users:
- Google Gmail Account.
- Chrome version 81.0.4044.122 or later.
- Real Synch paid subscription for CommandBot.
- One Active CommandBot on Real Synch platform.
- Invitation email to install the extension using a unique and valid Real Synch API Key (generated and granted by the Real Synch subscription administrator).
- Active login to their organization's CRM.
- All of the extension's interactions with the Real Synch API are performed using secure protocol (https).
- The data is processed in memory in a secure cloud environment on the Real Synch platform.
- The user and contact private data and email message content is not saved nor recorded on the Real Synch platform.
- The Real Synch platform uses pre-existing connectors, developed to authenticate and interface with the Subscriber's CRM, using secure protocol (https).
- Real Synch Subscriber Terms of Service URL: https://app.realsynch.com/terms
- The Real Synch subscription administrator for your organization will have sent you an email invite with a link to install the extension and an API Key to enable.
- Click here for instructions on how to Install the Gmail Extension.
- If you encounter an error message, ensure you copied the API Key correctly, avoid including spaces or additional characters, and resubmit. If you cannot correct the issue, contact your Real Synch subscription administrator for assistance.
Enable and Disable the Extension:
By default, the extension is enabled and displays when you select an email message in Gmail. The extension is hidden when viewing your inbox of Gmail folders.
- Open a gmail message and click the Real Synch logo in the task bar:
- To Disable the extension, click the Real Synch logo again:
Using the Gmail Extension:
The extension interface operates similarly regardless of the type of CRM your organization uses. While using the extension, you can perform the following commands:
- Add Contacts to your CRM.
- View which user is assigned to the Contact in your CRM.
- Update Contact Status in the CRM.
- Log an Email message as a Note.
- Add and Remove Tags.
- Click to Call the Contact.
- Click to View Contact in CRM.
- View Open Tasks related to the Contact.
- Create New Tasks related to the Contact.
- Marks Tasks related to the Contact as Completed.
- Update Tasks related to the Contact.